With more than 71 years of experience in the industry, Pilot Thomas Logistics is the premier provider of fuel, lubricants and chemicals to the Energy, Marine, Mining and Industrial markets.
The corporate headquarters are located in Fort Worth, Texas and there are more than 1,700 team members located throughout North America allowing us to provide high quality products and outstanding services to our valued customers. We are proud of our team members, the products and services we deliver and we strive to exceed expectations.
Area Environmental, Health & Safety Manager (EHS)
Responsible for supporting the Company's Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) programs for the region including training, policies, and procedures, best practices, and other related duties.
- Internally report and support Operation in investigating all safety related events following internal protocols. Events may include vehicle accidents, incidents, work related injuries, spills, leaks, contaminations, security threats, Near Miss incidents, or other business disruptions.
- Assist Operations in Injury Management Process to ensure injured workers receive appropriate level of care in collaboration with AXIOM, collecting and uploading clinical documentation to EHS Insight for OSHA recording and claims processing, assisting in Return to Work process, and follow up on recurring doctor visits until injured worker returns to full duty.
- Externally report incidents as required by customers and/or regulatory agencies.
- Conduct facility and field location EHS assessments and audits (Gate Checks, Terminal Inspections, Truck, Yard, and Shop Inspections, and Frac audits) to mitigate hazards, identify corrective and preventative actions (CAPAs), and ensure compliance with Company and Customer expectations.
- Actively ensure regulatory required inspection are completed and recordkeeping is maintained (SPCC, SWPP, Fire Extinguisher, Fire Alarm and Suppression Systems, Crane, etc.).
- Participate and provide support to Operations in customer meetings, customer orientations and training, and serve to mitigate EHS issues with customers.
- Facilitate EHS regulatory and customer audits and serve as the lead on these activities including follow up and corrective actions.
- Monitor Region Key EHS Performance Indicators and provide Operations feedback on activity and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide support to Operations in monitoring field team member and driver's Hours of Service to ensure compliance with HOS and Fatigue Management policy.
- Actively survey field operations by conducting safety observations to ensure EHS policies and procedures are understood and followed. Report findings in EHS Insight and issue On-the-Spot recognition cards when appropriate.
- Facilitate Incident Review Board meetings.
- Facilitate Safety Committee meetings and provide support to this safety initiative.
- Provide support for the GeoTab program in performance monitoring, coaching activity levels, assisting in re-reviews, points assignments, driver/vehicle reassignments, and training.
- Provide EHS Training for safety topics requiring Hands On or Face to Face contact. Training generally includes H2S, Fall Protection, Customer specific training, SPCC/SWPP plan training, Security Plan, Forklift, Crane, other Site Specific training.
- Special projects as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years' experience preferred in Mining industry and/or Fuel Transportation.
- Knowledgeable in OSHA, FMCSA, and EPA regulation.
- MSHA certification or MSHA trainer certification is a plus
- Computer technology and smart device proficiency skills required.
- Requires some local travel. Onsite visits to Mine/Field locations several days a week
- A company truck will be provided; therefore a clean MVR is required.
- High school diploma required
- College or other safety certifications preferred
- Must be able to walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as required, in order to perform required duties.
- Occasionally climb ladders to inspect tanks and vehicles.
- Must be able to lift as much as 50lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time while driving.
BENEFITS, PAY AND INCENTIVES
- Paid weekly, every Monday
- Competitive pay rates available
- DOT positions are compensated through paid by load (PBL), cents per gallon (CPG), or hourly. Based on the position, market, YOE, and/or managers discretion
- Non-DOT/Corporate positions are compensated through salary, hourly, and/or incentive plans. Based on the position, market, YOE, and/or managers discretion
- All full-time positions are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Voluntary AD&D, Voluntary Life, Spousal Life, Dependent Life, Matching 401(k), Health/Dependent FSA and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) elections are effective following 30 days of employment. You will be automatically enrolled at 3% and there is an automatic increase each year until you reach 10%
- Paid holidays and accrual Paid Time Off (PTO) program
- Sign-on bonus, housing, and/or relocation assistance available for specific locations
- Schedules and shifts vary by location and are subject to change