The Environmental, Health and Safety Manager will establish, execute, and deliver facility-specific EHS plans that support PepsiCo's overall EHS objectives.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
Qualifications / Requirements :
- Implement, execute, ensure compliance with PepsiCo’s Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Lead execution of the site’s annual EHS Plan, including development of expense and capital budgets needed to support these efforts.
- Build capability of site resources to support implementation of EHS programming.
- Manage site-wide system, Program Owner process, to identify and evaluate hazards (risks), and implement effective controls (corrective solutions).
- Lead incident investigation process, including root cause analysis and identification of corrective action plans.
- Interface with regulatory bodies (OSHA, EPA, State/Local Regulators).
- Facilitate the completion of a site-wide annual EHS training plan.
- Participate in formal EHS reviews of existing equipment modifications, new equipment purchases, and changes in site processes.
- Ensure that required regulatory permits are acquired, that reports are submitted to regulatory agencies, and any site permit conditions (e.g. sampling, recordkeeping) are met.
- Achieve annual targets for incident frequency, severity and related cost reductions
- Degree is required. Occupational EHS discipline, Science or Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred.
- Professional EHS certification is preferred (CIH, CSP, CHMM, and / or PE).
- Functional EHS Knowledge in regulatory requirements, EHS technical aspects (safety, industrial hygiene, environmental), risk management, behavior-based safety, training, auditing / program review, regulatory agency enforcement, EHS vendor / consultant management, business knowledge required.
- Proven track record in driving cultural change in EHS.
- Strong communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and influence management skills.
- Incumbent must be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks without losing momentum while also completing all daily tasks efficiently and effectively.
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role, effective December 31, 2021. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law