Zurn Water Solutions is the unrivaled leader in water solutions for health, human safety, and the environment. With our ecosystem of products and systems that are at the core of sustainability we deliver solutions that protect human health, conserve resources, and optimize our customers results. Water sustains everything. At Zurn we are Sustainably Inspired!
We offer the largest breadth of engineered water solutions and sustainable plumbing products, while delivering total building solutions for new construction and retrofit applications. Zurn designs, procures, manufactures, and markets products that provide and enhance Water Safety & Control, Flow Systems, and Hygienic & Environmental solutions. Every day approximately 1,200 associates across the globe work to deliver sustainable solutions to our customers and create long-term value for our shareholders. Visit us at ZurnWaterSolutions.com to learn more about how we can be Sustainably Inspired together!
Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer (EHS)
The EHS Engineer will be a leader in the development, deployment and continuous improvement of programs and systems that support environmental, health and safety excellence. Foster a culture of proactivity, accountability, engagement and sustainability through robust programs and processes with the primary goal of reducing loss and liability throughout the assigned region. This key role will lead EHS matters to ensure the Company meets or exceeds legislative, corporate and industry requirements, as well as best practice standards.
This position will be located at our Fontana, CA Service Center.
- Provide support to the development, implementation, and management of safety programs (LOTO, Hazard Communication, Emergency Response, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, etc.) to ensure compliance with OSHA and applicable environmental standards at multiple locations.
- Manage workers’ compensation loss control program, which includes monitoring claim levels, reducing costs, and early return to work.
- Investigate accidents, prepare and maintain required reports. Identify countermeasure to prevent reoccurrence.
- Provide new hire orientation outlining the Company’s high expectations regarding safety rules and regulations.
- Integrate and partner with the EHS team to promote a proactive safety culture focused on incident prevention and regulatory compliance.
- Organize and participate in safety committee activities.
- Develop specific EHS objectives and create actions plans to meet those objectives.
- Maintain, review and report EHS performance, identifying opportunities for improvement along with implementing preventative and corrective actions as required.
- Conduct internal EHS audits to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Work with site leadership team to ensure all key EHS operational controls are in place and EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Develop, deliver and/or coordinate EHS training and training tools.
- Manage and maintain site specific internal EHS systems and reporting tools.
- Assure appropriate countermeasures are properly identified to prevent reoccurrence utilizing a robust incident investigation process including 5-Why root cause analysis.
- Ensure timely coordination of all regulatory or Company required testing and training, including industrial hygiene testing as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in occupational safety, environmental science, or a closely related field.
- Attention to detail and capability to analyze data and make sound conclusions.
- Strong aptitude for organization, prioritization and managing multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to actively participate in team-oriented processes influence team engagement and to drive team decision making to conclusions/solutions.
- Must possess a theoretical and practical knowledge of all state and federal regulatory standards.
- Knowledge of current safety and loss control practices is essential.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant EHS experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Capabilities and Success Factors
- Bilingual speaking in English & Spanish
- Effective leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Analytical problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Strong focus on results and continuous improvement.
- Proven experience creating and measuring goals in multiple locations.
Total Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Matching 401(k) Contribution
- Health Savings Account
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
At Zurn, we have a longstanding commitment to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion so that all associates feel welcome and valued.