ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECT MANAGER - Houston, TX
Established and highly successful Environmental Engineering and Consulting firm comprised of experienced and innovative technology-based solution providers. Performs remediation, consulting, engineering, chemistry and scientific services to industrial, commercial and governmental clients. Successfully and consistently demonstrates our commitment to excellence, responsiveness, safety and delivery of technically sound environmental solutions driven by our client’s needs. We do this by taking an active interest in understanding our client’s business needs and tailoring solutions to support these business objectives.
· Provides the following primary services:
- In-situ and ex-situ remediation, with a specialization in chemical oxidation, to treat saturated soil and groundwater
- Engineering and planning response for disaster and emergency response
- Environmental engingeering and assessment, including litigation support
- In-door air quality assessment and remediation (including mold, asbestos and radon)
- Environmental and horizontal construction management
- Chemistry data validation and laboratory audits
- Water and Wastewater treatment Services, Equipment and Chemicals
As a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, provides unique solutions with the “Can Do” spirit fostered by our management team.
JOB DESCRIPTION - PROJECT MANAGER
Project Manager is actively involved in the day-to-day management of projects. The primary purpose of this position is to successfully manage projects at various phases of completion, or from start to finish. Oversee and mentor multiple project managers and junction staff in Houston, TX and Denver, CO.
We are looking for an ambitious team-oriented manager that wants to get their hands dirty and contribute to a wide variety of environmental projects. This position includes conducting and managing field investigations, compliance assessments, report writing, design, field engineering and construction management (technical, schedule and budget).
Daily work assignments can include, field inspections, sampling of environmental media (soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, etc.), managing and evaluating environmental data, report writing, engineering design and drafting.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, or related scientific engineering filed.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license strongly preferred
- At least 8+ years of relevant environmental project management and consulting experience.
- Asbestos Consultant experience and certifications required. Asbestos Consulting License strongly preferred.
- Mold Consultant, Lead Risk Assessor / Lead Inspector Licenses (Texas and/or other states) a plus.
- Business development skills preferred.
- Possess the ability to manage the demands of multiple projects and multiple customers simultaneously.
- Project related experience with proposals, finances, task orders, working with sub-contractors and budget development.
- Possess the ability to teach aspects of consulting, construction and the subcontracting business.
- Demonstrate the ability to make sound decisions that lead to a successful and safe project completion in a timely manner.
- Honed aptitude to read and understand project specifications and drawings.
- Must have effective and professional communication skills, including both written and verbal skills.
- Have a desire to collaborate, train and mentor staff.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and GIS a plus.
- Possess the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks that may vary in urgency between multiple projects and multiple segments.
- Foster close working relationships with other senior management and staff.
- Experience in managing and adhering to budgets.
- Experience working directly with clients.
- Possess a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and exactness.
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Established client base a big plus, but not a requirement.
- Possess the ability to work with a wide variety of employees, customers, and personalities.
- Possess the ability to manage stress and high-pressure situations.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills are necessary.
- Manage projects at various stages, and from start to finish.
- Manage project contracts and ensure that the scopes of work are executed safely.
- Prepare and review project setups, project plans, schedules, deadlines, goals and objectives.
- Traveling as needed, which may be as much as 50% at times.
- Review and approve monthly billing invoices to clients.
- Lead staff in Performance Management Process.
- Provide project level oversight to other members of staff with guidance and direction based on experience and expertise.
- Assist other members of the team in negotiating and mitigating project related conflicts.
- Make decisions quickly and convey accurate information to assisting staff, contractors and clients.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and having a clear driving record.
- Ability to gain restricted access at military installations requiring background checks.
- Must pass drug test, as required by federal contracts.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWWOP
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Experience with Deltek Vision a plus
- Working knowledge of business economics/management
- Business acumen
- Business development skills a plus
Compensation based on experience, plus commissions and great benefits. Company provides leadership development and supports continued education.
You should be aware that your employment with the Company is contingent upon the outcomes of the background check, credit review, driving record check and employment verification. Therefore, it is advisable that all paperwork for the preceding reviews should be fully and factually completed. Based on the results from all reviews, a formal offer of employment may be made.
Client’s workforce is COVID vaccinated. If you choose to join their company, you must be also."
Client does not discriminate. The position is open to ALL qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.