United Safety Professionals (USP) is currently seeking a Project Safety Consultant/Trainer with experience in either construction or general industry to work with our Corporate Safety Management Team and other Regional Safety Consultants to provide leadership and direction on all workplace health and safety matters on assigned accounts and within clients operations; including measuring and evaluation of the effectiveness of the client's health and safety programs and making and recommending modifications as needed to achieve established health and safety goals and objectives.
This position works closely with clients' operational departments in order to direct the application and administration of established and newly developed health and safety programs for USP client base in Boston, MA
• Minimum of 5-7 years’ construction and/or general industry health and safety experience as a consultant, safety manager, or insurance loss control engineer.
• Excellent oral and written communication, organization, and interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively communicate complex information to clients at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Must have a great attitude and be team-oriented.
• Ability to thoughtfully and positively influence, lead, and manage change
• Strong working knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, EPA, DOT, and other relevant regulations and construction and general industry health and safety standards
• Proficient computer skills in MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Bachelor’s degree in Safety and Health or related field preferred but not required.
• BCSP (CHST, ASP, CSP) or credentials preferred but not required.
• OSHA Outreach Training Instructor Authorization (500/501) preferred but not required.
Position reports to the Regional Director. This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs. The job is based at a client site in the Boston area.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
•Assist in the development and administration of programs, reports, and client training workshops.
• Plan, organize, schedule, and conduct assessments of client’s branches, work areas, and equipment. Monitor site conditions, practices, and procedures for compliance with health and safety (OSHA) and client’s requirements.
• Research and become well-versed on emerging hazards/issues, communicate hazard control and loss information to management, supervision, and employees through specialized training programs.
• Review accident investigations conducted by branch personnel for identification of accident causes and measures taken to prevent reoccurrence.
• Attend and participate in professional and committee meetings related to health and safety issues. Serve as a principal source of information on health and safety issues.
• Protect the interest of the client and its employees as required by applicable regulatory agencies such as OSHA, MSHA, EPA, DOT, etc. with respect to applicable standards.
• Ability to conduct client safety training in areas including OSHA Outreach, Fall Protection, HAZWOPER and other Construction and General Industry areas.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires the use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work on-site at the construction worksite where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Safety Multi-site, Safety - Construction, Safety - Training, EHS - Northeast region, EHS - ConsultantPosition Type:
5 - 10 yearsEducation:
Bachelor's DegreeIndustry Segments
Construction /Architecture, Consulting, Transportation - Railroad, Utilities