Regional Construction Safety Director - West
Provide a broad range of hands on support and services in all functional areas relating to Safety including: safety trainings, inspections, and investigations in alignment with the operating unit’s business goals and objectives. The role’s main focus is to create and sustain consistency in Safety compliance while providing new and innovative ideas to help build and promote teamwork, morale and growth.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current safety policies, regulations, and operational processes, with respect to the Tecta Safety Program.
- Regularly inspect job sites, fleet, equipment, tools, and facilities to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance. Lead the company’s Operations team in the continuous self-evaluation and correction of safety requirements, to facilitate the behavior-based safety approach throughout the organization.
- Conduct safety training and education programs, covering key aspects of safe operations.
- Organize, prepare and lead Safety Day events.
- Investigate work-related accidents and injuries, including interviewing employees or other individuals relating to the incident, to determine causes and preventive measures.
- Report or review findings from accident investigations, facilities/Jobsite inspections, or environmental testing.
- Manage safety-related incidents and claims to minimize loss exposure commensurate with the Company’s business goals, including with respect to workers’ compensation, general liability, and automobile incidents. Coordinate efforts with and report to Tecta America loss control team.
- Manage interactions with OSHA including any investigations, determinations, and resolutions.
- Attend and provide appropriate input at Unit operational meetings including pre-construction and production meetings.
- Attend meetings with customers to address safety-related requirements for projects either anticipated or in progress.
- Visit upcoming projects to identify site conditions and/or exposures, and address safety and risk management needs.
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to work hazards. Identify, propose and lead the implementation of various safety equipment. Demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
- Conduct meetings with supervisors and employees to discuss such points as the standards, cited violations, lessons learned, and potential hazards and to resolve disputes regarding occupational safety issues and risk management.
- Identify and implement internal communication initiatives, such as regular and periodic toolbox talks, to increase understanding and commitment to safety and risk management aspects of the Unit’s business operations.
- Plan, organize, establish objectives and goals, and execute projects assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
CONSTRUCTION SAFETY EXPERIENCE IS A MUST - CSP, CHST and OSHA 500 is ideal
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of construction and general industry safety standards including OSHA,
• Must have the desire and ability to spend time on job sites working with job site crews to eliminate hazards and ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
• Knowledge of state workers’ compensation statutes.
• Ability to facilitate process improvement projects to eliminate injuries and losses.
• Knowledge and ability to utilize software to track employee and Company injury performance; create and deliver safety presentations and training modules/presentations and; keep all employees informed of safety updates and information.
• Ability to go beyond basic safety requirements and develop customized safe operating procedures and utilize safety behavior-based programs to ensure that safety is integrated into the work culture.
• Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
Bilingual English/Spanish ideal
Tecta offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, etc.