Aarcher Talent is looking for a Safety Manager for our client in Quarryville, PA (Lancaster County). Ideal candidate will have experience working as a hands on plant manager with a heavy manufacturing background. Our client is a premier manufacturer and supplier of hose couplings, valves, dry disconnects, swivels, and other fluid transfer and control products.
Safety Manager who will assist in developing the organization’s health and safety programs, involved in creating, maintaining, and communicating safety-related policies and procedures, as well as ensuring that they are followed. They may be involved in determining the need for new policies and procedures and writing, editing, and updating policy and procedure documents, posters, and handbooks. Responsible for enforcement of safety policies and procedures, including making decisions regarding appropriate discipline for infractions.
Salary and Beneftis
Salary will range from 75 k to 85k. May be able to go up for a candidate that has extensive experience or combination of experience and safety certs such as a CSP. Benefits include paid vacation, 401(k) plan, health benefits and more!
- Conduct periodic on-site facility audits to check for compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines.
- Investigate the root causes of accidents and prepare reports with the findings and corrective actions.
- Prepare and administer the safety training and incentive programs.
- Lead safety meetings and acts as a resource for the group.
- Determine proper safety equipment to be worn on all work units.
- Conduct studies, audits, maintain records and investigate/analyze accident causes, and health hazards and makes recommendations on corrections.
- Participate in conducting plant inspections to detect potential accident and health hazards and follows up on proper correction.
- Responsible for the preparation and direction of team members safety meetings.
- Ensure that workers are properly trained regarding company-specific and Occupational Safety and Health Act, or OSHA, safety requirements.
- Training responsibilities may involve conducting safety orientations, daily "toolbox" safety meetings, periodic safety meetings and formal training sessions on a wide range of safety-related topics.
Benefits include paid vacation, 401(k) plan, health benefits and more!
- The ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessment to company operations and
- Ability to perform under stressful conditions
- Probability and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong management skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player and leader
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years Supervisory experience
- 5 years’ experience with formal training and auditing activities