Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of safety programs for a 1.4 M sq. ft. medical solution manufacturing facility. Provide professional, technical problem solving and administrative coordination of safety programs, policies, and regulations. Lead the development and implementation of projects related to safety regulatory compliance ty programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned):
- Perform workplace Risk Assessments, Job Hazard Analysis and Personal Protective Equipment assessments.
- Provide non-routine EHS problem solving through participation in committees
- Management of projects, contractors, consultants, and resources for regulatory compliance and monitoring programs.
- Develop and partner with facility personnel to implement process related control upgrades and documentation for safety regulatory compliance.
- Proactively identify potential EHS hazards through Gemba walks, inspections, etc., and drive timely corrective actions.
- Support ISO 45001 process, systems, and auditing
- Interpret safety regulations concerning compliance with Local, State and Federal laws.
- Ensure compliance with safety and health regulations and Baxter requirements; follows emerging H&S regulations and issues.
- Develop and manage the facility’s Safety Procedures.
- Interface daily with employees and management regarding safety compliance and continuous improvements.
- Track and communicate regulatory requirements to facility personnel; work with facility staff to develop plans that can be executed to assure the site’s activities are conducted in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and local laws.
- Support the health and safety program by conducting facility inspections, incident response/case management, root cause analysis, and employee training
- Research and promote best practices in workplace safety
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Qualifications):
- Knowledgeable with: ISO 45001, OSHA, NIOSH, NFPA,
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and training skills
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend written safety and health laws and regulations and apply to an industrial manufacturing setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both orally and written.
- Demonstrated ability to absorb technical information and put into practical applied use.
- Demonstrated ability to use a personal computer with current available software.
- Demonstrated skill in setting objectives and managing projects.
- Understanding of chemistry and safety data sheets
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health and Safety, Engineering or similar technical degree, required.
- Two to four years’ experience with OSHA regulations
- Team experience preferred including communicating requirements in an organizational setting.
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Majority of work is indoors with a minor amount outdoors.
- Outside inspections of the grounds and the facility roof is required frequently.
- Some overnight travel is required using commercial airlines and company automobiles.
The successful candidate for this position will be required to provide his or her COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition to employment, pursuant to OSHA ETS requirements. If the employee is not vaccinated, then the employee will have to submit to weekly testing, subject to potential religious or medical exemptions.