Chubb Global Risk Advisors (CGRA) is your single avenue to our more than 550 property and casualty engineering, health, safety and environmental consultants located wherever our clients do business – all focused on helping our clients develop and deploy solutions that advance their risk management, compliance and sustainability objectives, while positively impacting their financial results.
KEY OBJECTIVES & METRICS:
CGRA has identified the need for an experienced Consultant to manage contract work for our national and regional office accounts. The ideal candidate will possess 8-10 years of experience performing and managing environmental consulting projects, specifically, the assessment, testing, and management of regulated and potentially hazardous building materials (asbestos, lead, PCBs, etc.). The candidate must maintain the required certifications necessary to sample and assess these types of materials, prepare technical assessment reports with recommendations, and design and manage abatement/remediation projects. The candidate must also possess a working knowledge of Industrial Hygiene exposure sampling, Indoor Air Quality, and mold investigations and sampling techniques. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required.
The position will be based in the New York City metropolitan area and will require travel to project sites as required. The position will report directly to the CGRA Building Science & Environmental Engineering Regional Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working independently or within a consulting team arrangement, a Consultant is responsible for the following core responsibilities:
· Knowledgeable about contracts, contract interpretation and scope of work.
· When on-site, act as direct representative of CGRA’s relationship to the client; and when within scope of services, monitor and oversee clients’ contractors.
· Act as client’s representative in areas of expertise where CGRA has a valid contract to do so, recommend additional services to clients to protect their interests. In emergency situations, recommend remedial actions to the client or contractors, including, if necessary, stopping work when public health or safety are jeopardized.
· Seek opportunities to expand client services with existing and new clients as part of ongoing business development.
· Interface with and respond to regulatory and enforcement agencies at the job site and when appropriate provide requested information to them depending upon issue involved.
· Maintain proficiency and understanding in the use of scientific instruments and sampling protocols to ensure valid sample collection and reliable data analysis in compliance with regulations.
· Maintain high ethical standards in the performance of services, understand the ethical standards of client and report actual or perceived unethical conduct or behavior.
· Understand the details of the project schedule and scope of work and provide supporting information to Project Managers when change orders may be required.
· Advise client/owner as to the progression of work, proposed changes to the scope of work and contractor performance with respect to project schedule.
· Maintain required certifications mandated by the regulations.
· Understanding of building engineering and structural design knowledge of site planning.
· Must make independent, on-site judgments based upon professional experience to advise or recommend to contractors alternative ways of performing work subject to specified cost and regulatory compliance.
· As with any professional, work is subject to peer and management review as part of a quality assurance program to avoid risk and company liability.
Additional responsibilities of the Consultant role include the following:
· Acts as Project Manager for assigned client projects and interfaces directly with client for project implementation. Works closely with Regional Manager to define client objectives and develop work plans. Implements tasks in the field or directs technician staff on plan execution.
· Creates or modifies work plans to best accomplish the task.
· Performs detailed background review and inspection of facilities for regulatory compliance and evaluation of hazards and liabilities.
· Interfaces with clients and supervises subcontractors to achieve project goals.
· Preparation of reports, including review of background materials; creation of figures and tables; and writing of text, recommendations, and conclusions.
· Performs asbestos identification and hazard assessment, compliance monitoring and other asbestos consulting related services.
· Involved with a major abatement design project including preparation of drawings, specifications and bid documents.
· Involved with construction administration activities including:
· Assists with technical training of new technical field staff.
· Coordinates and supervises other staff involved and participating in the same project.
· Other project duties as assigned by senior staff personnel of a consulting team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
$80,000.00 - $95,000.00 Commensurate with ExperienceJob Category:
EHS Multi-site, EHS - Consultant, EHS - Technician, Environmental Multi-site, Industrial Hygiene Multi-site, EHS - Northeast region, Environmental - Hazardous WastePosition Type:
5 - 10 yearsEducation:
Bachelor's DegreeIndustry Segments
Chemicals, Construction /Architecture, Consulting, Environmental Services