Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is responsible for the development, implementation, and on-going assessment of the site's safety, health, environmental, and property preservation system. The position is responsible for ensuring that the site's EHS system meets the objectives of Sherwin-Williams' Corporate and Divisional policies, procedures, and guidelines. This individual works with the site management team to create a culture which emphasizes employee engagement and is built upon the 5 focus areas of Operational Excellence.
This position supports a facility that operates on a continuous shift schedule. This position is expected to be available to work and/or answer phone calls during alternate shift schedules as needed to support the team.
Major Tasks Include:
• Develop site-specific safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
• Coordinate all site EHS training.
• Develop awareness initiatives that reinforce safety programs and encourage employee involvement.
• Develop and conducts new employee orientation for all applicable EHS topics.
• Comply, calculate, and submit site safety statistics.
• Act as liaison between site and all EHS Divisional and Corporate support.
• Act as liaison between the site and all Federal, State, and Local enforcement agencies.
• Develop action plans to either pursue OSHA VPP STAR status, or maintain same if the site is already in the Program.
• Perform inspections, investigations and analyses to minimize the potential for accidental losses or environmental releases.
• Participation towards completion of other related tasks and duties as directed or needed.
• Lead and support employee led safety committees.
• Maintain balance technical EHS tasks and time on the floor.
• Manage the EHS Management System and being audit ready at all times.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
• Must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or 8 years of work experience
• Must have at least 3 years of Environmental, Health & Safety experience
• Must have experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
• Working experience of Process Safety Management (PSM)
• Degree with a major in Environmental Health & Safety, Engineering or Business
• Previous experience in a manufacturing, distribution, or operations environment
• Previous experience leading an OSHA VPP Audit or maintaining VPP Status
• Previous supervisory experience
• Previous experience using continuous improvement tools such as Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, 5-S or Six Sigma
• Previous experience and understanding of environmental regulations, requirements and programs
• Demonstrated leadership with a focus on organizational performance alignment, and building a culture of trust & integrity
• A history of Building Partnerships and leveraging both internal and external relationships to persuade others to take action
• Proven decision making and high impact communication skills
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
EHS Single-site, Safety Single-site, Safety - Process Safety Mgmt., EHS - Northeast regionPosition Type:
2 - 5 yearsEducation:
Bachelor's DegreeIndustry Segments
Chemicals, Consumer Goods, Manufacturing - Miscellaneous