Diversified Safety Services is looking for a qualified Site Safety and Health Officer in Construction for multiple government projects in the Washington D.C. area.
*Local Candidates preferred**
Safety Professionals enforce and monitor adherence to health and safety polices, ensuring all safety credentials are maintained, supporting clients specific project needs and acting as a resource for all safety related requirements, including auditing, inspections and accident investigations as needed while guaranteeing the best practices are implemented, safety compliance requirements are met, and an improved safety culture and performance is delivered.
Site Safety and Health Officers responsibilities:
- Preparing and enforcing policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Designing effective safety programs, safety plans, job hazard analysis (JHA)
- Monitor safety compliance, and report safety issues and progress to superiors.
- Must identify potential hazards and recommend solutions and ways to prevent them from reoccurring.
- Conducts safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Participates in team meetings and provides regular on-site project presence
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals, internal policies and procedures and contract documents.
- Maintains a log of safety inspection activities, reports, and correspondence.
- Oversee all subcontractors and contractors
Site Safety and Health Requirements:
- Proven experience as a Site Safety and Health Officer
- Understanding of OSHA guidelines and safety policies
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Extensive attention to detail to distinguish safety hazards
- Ability to provide detailed reports and develop safety procedures
- Good understanding of data analysis and risk assessment
- Good organizational, leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to recognize when safety conditions need improvement
- Ability to prioritize tasks especially when handling an accident or incident
Job Specific Qualifications
- 5 years + of direct construction safety experience required
- Government safety oversight experience required
- EM385 within 5 years required
- OSHA 30 hour within 5 years required
- First Aid CPR required
- CQM a plus
- CHST a plus